As an experienced supplier and leader in concrete production, Groupe Bellemare offers high-quality shotcrete that is reliable, durable and easy to use.
Contact us to place an order.
What is shotcrete?
This type of concrete can be mixed and then jet-sprayed in successive thin layers.
Very useful for unconventional work (domes, shell structures, …), for construction and repairs (viaducts, bridges, storage silos, docks, hydroelectric dams, …) or for certain types of underground work (tunnels) since it does not need any casing. Placement is fast, but requires heavy machinery.
Shotcrete is mainly used for projects where traditional concrete placement methods are difficult or impossible, such as vertical or overhead surfaces.
How Shotcrete Works
Shotcrete is made by mixing cement, sand and aggregates with water. The mixture is then fed into a high-pressure hose, where it is propelled onto the surface. The force of the jet compacts the concrete, ensuring a solid, long-lasting bond. Shotcrete can be a dry or wet mix, the latter being the most commonly used.
What are the Benefits of Shotcrete?
Shotcrete offers several advantages that make it an attractive option for homeowners and professionals alike:
Versatility: Shotcrete can be used for a variety of applications in construction, repair and restoration.
Quickness: Shotcrete can be applied quickly and efficiently, making it an excellent choice for projects requiring fast turnaround times.
Durability: Shotcrete is known for its strength and durability, making it an excellent choice for long-lasting structures.
Adaptability: Shotcrete can be applied to a wide variety of surfaces, including vertical and overhead, making it a versatile option for projects where the use of traditional concrete is difficult.
Customization: Shotcrete can be customized to meet specific project requirements, including color, texture and finish.
When to use shotcrete?
Overall, this is a versatile concrete that can be used in a wide variety of applications:
- Repair and Restoration: Shotcrete is commonly used to repair and restore damaged concrete structures such as bridges, tunnels, dams and buildings. It can be applied quickly and effectively to restore the integrity of these structures.
- Slope Stabilization: Shotcrete is used to stabilize slopes and prevent landslides. It is applied to steep slopes and embankments to provide support and prevent erosion.
- Underground Construction: Shotcrete is commonly used in underground construction such as tunnels and mines. It is sprayed onto rock surfaces to provide support and prevent rockfalls.
- Pools: Shotcrete is also used in swimming pool construction. It provides a durable, watertight shell for the pool and can be applied in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Architectural and Decorative Applications: Shotcrete can be used for architectural and decorative purposes, such as creating textured or sculpted surfaces on walls, floors and ceilings.
- Skateparks: Shotcrete is widely used in the construction of skateparks. It provides a durable, smooth finish that meets the needs of skateboarders!
How to use Shotcrete?
The use of shotcrete requires specialized equipment and expertise. If you cannot do the job yourself, contact our experts. Here are the basic steps of the installation process:
Surface preparation: The surface must be cleaned and prepared to ensure good adhesion of the shotcrete.
Application: Shotcrete is applied using a high-pressure hose, which sprays the mixture onto the surface.
Finish: Once shotcrete has been applied, it can be finished to achieve the desired texture and appearance.
Why choose Groupe Bellemare for your shotcrete needs?
As a leader in all things concrete, including shotcrete, we are committed to providing our customers with high quality products and excellent service.
In addition to shotcrete, we also offer a range of other concrete products.
Make sure you always have the right amount of concrete for your projects by using our concrete calculator.